Sunday, January 4, 2015

Top Recipes of 2014

Here are the top recipes from the past year! I love reflecting on some of the best meals of the year-- I hope you enjoy them as well!




10. Dark Chocolate Courgette Muffins

One of the great recipes from my time working in the kitchens of Azul Fit Yoga & Pilates retreat. Double chocolate and packed with veg?! That's my kinda muffin!


9. Chili Negro

Coined as the 'best chili of your life', no exaggeration here. It's made entirely from scratch, with dried chili pods. Make a double batch so you can freeze plenty and bust it out whenever the mood strikes.


8. Raspberry Goat Whey Protein Shake

This year, I tried goat whey protein for the first time, and man, is it great. Tera's Whey brand makes an exceptional powder, easy for blending into smoothies, solid taste profile even for those who aren't goat-milk savvy.



7. Peachy Mint Smoothie

A classic. Icey, creamy, green and slightly sweet. The perfect combination for this refreshing smoothie.


6. Paleo Apple Crumble

Made with tart green apples, almond meal, ghee, and coconut sugar, this crumble remains rich and satisfying without the sugar hangover or heaviness. We loved it with some Coconut Bliss ice cream.


5. Tarragon Chicken Salad Sandwich

One of the first recipes in our arsenal since moving up to Bellingham. This twist on classic chicken salad was warmly welcomed. Using tarragon and fennel to give a sweetness to the this savory sammy.




4. French Lentil Soup

I made this soup after an annual fruit feast for 40 Days to Personal Revolution, a Baptiste Program. Though lentils are tough for some to digest, soaking them prior to cooking makes all the difference for our bodies. If you're looking to stabilize your body after the holiday sugar rush, give this soup a try.

3. Green Split Peas & Cilantro Pesto with Greens

Last January, I talked about my 80/20 rule for eating, read more here and get more information on what a whole foods diet really means. PS, this cilantro pesto is the truth and you can put it on anything.

2. NICE Bars

No surprise here, these are such a hit! After getting my hands on some brown rice syrup, I was inspired to save my wallet by making my own version of a KIND bar. These are 100% adaptable to your own tastes, just match the proportions.

1. Goat Milk Kefir Overnight Oats

Once of my all-time favorite breakfasts, overnight oats. I much prefer them with kefir, as it's thicker than milk, and has more protein for sticking power. This recipe is a classic and had, by far, the most page views in the last year!


Thank you so much for an amazing year; for reading along through the recipes and inspired living. It is a privilege to share, and I'm overjoyed to see it making a difference in people's lives. Cheers to another big year!

No comments:

Post a Comment