Wednesday, June 11, 2014

After the Wellness Connection; A New Season

I was getting a crystal reading on Saturday at the Wellness Connection, a health expo that I've been organizing for the past 16 weeks. It was not surprising to hear from Dena Marie (Lift Your Spirits front woman, reiki healer, radio host, the list goes on...) that I was coming the the end of a season in my life and that this is a turning point.

Dena Marie uses crystals to read your chakras and locate areas of blocked energy

After hosting the Wellness Connection, and all of the effort leading up to it, I feel a huge sense of accomplishment to have executed such a successful event. I have met so many new people and expanded my wellness community, to create lasting partnerships, and plant the seed for future events to flourish, and for the community to thrive.

Our banners arrived! Getting pumped up for event day!

My car filled with balloons for our banners Saturday morning

SUP Yoga demo with Georgina Shaffer of Azul SUP & Yoga, on Indo Boards
I got to spend the day with my best friend, connecting and inspiring health.

Fudo Yama Karate-Jutsu bringing the party to all ages
Astarte of Pro Fusion led a belly dance demo that got the entire crowd dancing

CrossFit Stanwood led an Intro to CrossFit class
Skagit Valley College nursing students performed blood pressure checks

National Eating Disorder Association (NEDA) hosted a booth, providing critical information on how to spot and eating disorder and where to find support

The last three years of my life have been for working hard, finding my voice, and diving deeply into meaningful work.
Three years ago was the first time I traveled out of the country, to work in Spain at yoga and pilates retreat, Azul Fit. I then came back, began working for lululemon athletica and really got rooted in the vision I had for myself and my life.

I had started teaching yoga and was stumbling through finding my authentic voice as a teacher and discovering who I wanted to be for my students. I went overseas once again, to work with Azul Fit. I started this blog. I trained with Baron Baptiste in Sedona, Arizona and met some of the most inspiring yogis, that, to this day, influence my vision and what I believe as possible for my future. I lit Vision & Goals on fire at the lululemon athletica Burlington outlet.

Vision & Goals wall at the lululemon athletica Burlington outlet

I led a yoga workshop and discovered what it means to empower my students and my team. I completed my 200-hr teacher training with Lisa Black at Shakti Vinyasa Yoga in Seattle. I attended Landmark, the Advanced Course, and the Self Expression and Leadership Program- which was the catalyst for the Wellness Connection- which included 28 businesses from 4 cities coming together to create partnership, inspire health, and spark vitality. 

What a season it has been.

 So I've been busy at work, laying the foundation for my dream job, my dream partnerships, dream community. And now I find myself asking, what is it time for now?

Asking this is a reminder of our higher intentions. What comes up for me, is my commitment to my personal relationships, being that dependable, supportive partner in all of my relationships. I am a stand for balance, what's it's time for is acting into that and creating balance in my work and life. It is time for blogging. It's time for yoga class, iced coffee in the sunshine and long walks. It's time for getting out into my new community in Bellingham and connecting, spreading light, vitality, and inspiration in everything that I do.

What is it time for now?

1 comment:

  1. i love you so much, stella! and i'll tell you to your face every day i see you, from now to forever. thanks for being that solid ground, that clearing space, that sounding board. you're a gem and your life is going to be so full and so fun. <3 you da bomb.

    ReplyDelete