Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Single Serving Spinach Feta Egg Bake

I've got a little breakfast love for you!


Times have been busy-- as always it seems;) Just getting back from my Level One Training with Baron Baptiste in Sedona, AZ (so much more on that experience to come, I promise!), and jumping right back into work at lululemon athletica and Studio Z; creative cooking has been put on the back burner, and quick, easy, thai takeout, meals have taken their place predominantly in my kitchen.

If I take the time to carefully prepare one meal in my day, it will definitely be breakfast. It feels so right to start by giving yourself a little love and pampering through a delicious morning meal.


I sauteed the shallot in a bit of olive oil, wilted the spinach, and layered it into a mini ramekin with some tangy goat feta, a fresh egg, little grind of sea salt, black pepper, and by the time I got out of the shower my breakfast was waiting for me. That's the kind of morning I LOVE.


Single Serving Spinach Feta Egg Bake 

spinach, shallot, feta

  •  olive oil
  • 1/2 shallot, minced
  • handful of spinach, torn
  • 1 oz good quality feta
  • 1 farm fresh egg
  • coarse ground sea salt and black pepper

Method

Pre-heat oven to 350 F/175 C

Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat, saute shallot in olive oil for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until translucent. Add spinach to pan, keep stirring until spinach begins to wilt. Remove from heat and set aside.

Generously grease a 4-inch ramekin with olive oil, add shallot and spinach, crumble in feta, and carefully crack an egg on top. Top with fresh ground sea salt and black pepper. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until egg white has set, the yolk will still be runny.

Serve with a seedy whole grain bread to pick up the goodness of the yolk.


  Here's to starting your morning right! More love coming 'atchu soon. Thanks so much for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment