Saturday, January 19, 2013

A Little Bit About Me



I've been looking to create a blog for quite some time now, focusing on my cooking, sharing recipes with friends, etc. My food choices have played a huge role in my life over the past few years. Over these years as I've spent more time in the kitchen my cooking has become much more refined than when I began. As you can see..
Spring 2010, The first omelet I ever made.

Fall 2012, Chili rubbed Copper River salmon, tomatillo salsa and quinoa
I always cook with great attention to my health, and to make meals presentation worthy. I started taking pictures of the food I cooked, with great pride mind you, and posting them on Facebook with a description. The only problem? Lovely food shots but no recipes to follow. Tease. Thus, a food blog with ample space to post pictures and recipes was on my agenda.

The content of this blog will stray from food now and again but will always be health and wellness minded. I've recently taken a job working in a yoga retreat in the Canary Islands, Spain (you'll hear much more about this). My job is in the kitchen working with the retreat's head chef and Dietician, Jo Dombernowsky, preparing meals for the guests. For the next few months you will hear not only about the food we prepare, but the yoga classes, meditations, island life here on Fuerteventura, and any other adventures that I happen to document.

Cheers!

2 comments: